The “Friesenhof” farm lies near Sulzberg in the Bregenz Forest. It has a family-friendly holiday apartment which offers space for four people.1/11Holiday on a farm
Austria | This will be an unforgettable holiday: roll about in hay, observe animals, enjoy nature, and experience countless adventures. A holiday on a farm is especially ideal for families with children.
Per week from USD 337show 118 offers
2/11High up in the Alpine pastures
Austrian Alps | Experience the imposing panorama of the Alps during a holiday in a quaint mountain lodge high up on the alp. Hikes can begin there right outside the front door.
Per week from USD 446show 292 offers
3/11Vacation with your dog
Austria | With these holiday houses it is explicitely allowed to bring pets so that your faithful four legged friend can also enjoy a relaxing and eventful holiday.
Per week from USD 368show 4,404 offers
A holiday apartment for two people can be found in this historic apartment building in the 6th district.4/11Discover the imperial city
Wien | Visit the Hundertwasser House and the Sisi-Museum, drink Viennese Melange and indulge in a slice of Sachertorte: Book one of our city apartments in Vienna!
Per week from USD 433show 97 offers
5/11When the cows leave
Austria | Late summer is the time in the Alps where the colourful decorated cattle is brought down from the mountain pastures to the valley. Here you will find holiday homes in places where this ceremonial events take place.
Per week from USD 416show 611 offers
Holiday home vacation in Austria
In Austria atraveo offers a selection of more than 8,500 holiday houses and apartments. Most of those are situated in the Austrian Alps in the federal states Tyrol, Carinthia, Vorarlberg, Styria and Salzburger Land. But you can also find a considerable selection of holiday apartments and houses on atraveo in the more “flatter” regions such as Upper Austria and Burgenland. The range of properties is impressive: From the secluded mountain lodge to the luxury holiday home with all possible amenities and from the small two-person apartments up to spacious houses which are also suitable for large parties – every wish should be fulfilled regarding your personal dream domicile.
Active nature experience in Austria
The Austrian alpine world with its mountains and valleys offers multiple possibilities for an active holiday. Hiking, mountain biking, climbing or extreme sports such as raging white water rafting or paragliding can be enjoyed. However the stunning alpine mountains invite also to quiet and relaxing nature enjoyment. What about a holiday home in the National Park Hohe Tauern which extends over the federal states Tyrol und Salzburger Land or the many picturesque valleys such as Zillertal, Ötztal or Montafon?
Explore Austria’s cities
Another highlight are Austria’s cities: The renowned capital Vienna, the historic centre of classical music not only impresses with its sights such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral, Schönbrunn Palace or the Prater but also the famous coffee houses and of course the celebrated opera houses and theatres. Salzburg, the city of Mozart, is especially known for its Salzburg Festival and the delicious Mozart balls. In 2003 the city Graz was the European Capital of Culture which was followed by the Upper Austrian city Linz in 2009. But the list does stop here not forgetting impressive cities such as Klagenfurt and Bregenz.
A true skiing paradise
Austria in winter is equally renowned as well as loved for its alpine slopes. Whether in Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Carinthia or in Salzburger Land – everywhere you can find larger and smaller skiing areas which provide not only classic downhill but also many cross-country ski-tracks and service facilities. In the evenings after an exciting day on the slopes après-ski is the next thing on the agenda. Alternatively you can spend a cosy evening in front of a crackling fire in your holiday home. Popular skiing regions for which you can find a large number of holiday apartments and houses on atraveo are amongst others Ski Amadé, Ski Zillertal or the Ötztalarena Sölden.
Easy way to travel to a holiday house
Travelling by car or train is the easiest option for going to Austria. Considering the very often congested motorways jammed with holidaymakers going to Austria and Italy during the summer period travelling by train is potentially a sensible alternative – as long as you can and want to travel without a car.
The top rated resorts in Austria
- Sankt Koloman in the Salzburgerland
- Filzmoos in the Salzburgerland
- Sankt Lorenzen ob Murau in Styria
- Telfes im Stubai in Tyrol
- Sankt Gilgen in the Salzburgerland
- Werfenweng in the Salzburgerland
- Sankt Jodok am Brenner in Tyrol
- Haus im Ennstal in Styria
- Sankt Anton im Montafon in Vorarlberg
- Wattens in Tyrol
Property no. 212532
from USD 481for 1 week
Altenmarkt im Pongau, Schladming-Dachstein ski region
Holiday apartment for max. 5 personsApprox. 50 m², 2 bedrooms, pets are allowed (max. 1), satellite TV, dishwasher, saunaThere are 5 further property types with 5 accommodations for this complex
- from USD 285/week Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 1 child, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 184490 Preview
- from USD 402/week Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 50 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 212531 Preview
- from USD 504/week Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 55 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 309480 Preview
- from USD 559/week Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 75 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 309481 Preview
- from USD 598/week Holiday apartment for max. 8 persons, approx. 100 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 212533 Preview
Property no. 212495
from USD 658for 1 week
Schlierbach, Upper Austria (Traunviertel)
Holiday home for max. 4 personsApprox. 72 m², 2 bedrooms, pets are allowed (on request), satellite TV, washing machine, dishwasher, non-smoking, sauna
Property no. 677470
from USD 415for 1 week
Fügen, Zillertal (Hochfügen-Hochzillertal)
Holiday apartment for max. 8 personsApprox. 80 m², 3 bedrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, dishwasher, non-smoking, saunaThere are 5 further property types with 5 accommodations for this complex
- from USD 269/week Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 33 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 212596 Preview
- from USD 336/week Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 677468 Preview
- from USD 370/week Holiday apartment for max. 5 persons, approx. 65 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 212598 Preview
- from USD 370/week Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 677469 Preview
- from USD 482/week Holiday apartment for max. 10 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 470424 Preview