Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about renting your holiday home via "atraveo by e-domizil".
General & questions about the owner area
1) Is my accommodation suitable for advertising via atraveo by e-domizil?
Your accommodation is suitable for being advertised through our network if it is suitable for self-catering. This means that there should be at least
- a place to sleep,
- a bathroom
- and a kitchen or kitchenette with cooking facilities, a fridge and a sink must also be available.
The holiday home should be exclusively available to the guests (i.e. no shared kitchen, for example).
Is your holiday home equipped accordingly? Then we look forward to welcoming you as our host.
2) Can I rent out my guest room via atraveo by e-domizil?
Guest rooms do not meet the requirements of a complete accommodation suitable for self-catering. Your accommodation should be a holiday apartment or holiday house that offers guests at least one sleeping accommodation, a bathroom and a kitchen. The rooms should be exclusively available to the guests.
3) How much will I have to pay for the service of atraveo by e-domizil?
We work on a commission basis. Which means: only after a successful booking will we charge a commission of 19.5%, which we keep from the customer payment. There are no further costs, you use our comprehensive service completely free of charge: from the support by our service team to the use of the owner area to the marketing of your accommodation by us in our wide-ranging distribution network.
4) Why can't I log in?
If you are having trouble logging into the owner area, it may be due to a number of reasons:
1) The password is not correct.
Solution: Click on "Forgotten password" to have a new password sent to you.
2) Via a setting in your browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) you have saved an outdated password, which is automatically inserted when you log in.
Solution: Check the automatically stored password by checking the "Show password" box and enter the correct password.
3) You are using an outdated bookmark to log in to the owner area.
Solution: Please go directly to the website owner.atraveo.com and try to log in there.
If the tips do not help you, do not hesitate to contact us (e-mail: [email protected]). For this purpose, please describe the problem that occurs during login as precisely as possible.
5) When will I receive my rental income?
You will receive your rental income one week before the arrival of the guests by bank transfer to your account. There is only a one-time exception: when booking through us for the first time, the payment will be made one week after arrival. You don't have to worry about customer payment, we will take care of that for you.
6) When will I receive the guests' contact details?
You will find the contact details in the owner area in the overview of all bookings as soon as the guests have received the arrival information. We usually send these with the final payment. If you need to contact the guests beforehand, please contact us first.
7) How can I transfer my accommodation / account to another person?
The following steps are necessary for a change of contractor:
- The new contractor must create a new, separate owner account with a different e-mail address and accept the General Terms and Conditions.
- Please contact us as the current contract partner and inform us about the change request.
- If we need any further information from you in advance, we will inquire about it in an additional e-mail.
- We will then transfer all holiday homes and bookings to the new account.
8) How do I store arrival information for my guests?
Step 1: Contact Person & Address:
- If you are not the contact person or key holder for the guests on site, please first create the contact details of the contact person in the menu "My profile" in the atraveo owner area. The name and a valid telephone number are mandatory.
- Check if the address of your accommodation in the "Location" menu is correct. These and the associated geo-coordinates are key to helping guests find their way to the accommodation.
Step 2: Enter additional information in the atraveo owner area:
Now enter all further information in the owner area in the menu "Arrival information". From the address of the holiday home and the information you provide in this menu, we compile the arrival information for the guests and send it automatically before the trip. You can edit your information at any time after that by clicking on the pencil icon.
This is how you add new arrival information:
Please click on the plus sign and provide the following information:
1) Specify whether the arrival information should apply to a single accommodation, a group of properties or as a flat rate for all your accommodations in a specific region or location. The latter two choices are appropriate when all accommodations are located on the same property and/or when there is a centralized reception.
2) If you are not the contact person/keyholder on site, please select the contact you created in the "My profile" menu.
3) Then specify a time window within which the guests can move into the accommodation and have to leave on the departure day. If you do not have fixed times and select "by appointment", guests will be informed that they need to contact you or the contact person on time before the start of the trip.
4) When asked how the key delivery will take place, please select the applicable option.
- Important: If the keys are not handed over directly at the holiday home, be sure to select "Keys handed over by contact person", even if you are the contact person yourself.
- Additional explanations, such as a note on where the key is kept, a code for a combination lock or the address of the key holder can be made in the free text field below. This information can also be stored in several languages. We recommend to enter at least one text in German and one in English. It is also possible to send keys by mail, but we do not recommend this because of the possibility of loss.
- We can also advise guests that they should contact you themselves before arrival to clarify details about handing over the keys. Simply check the corresponding box below the free text field.
5) You can also store directions in multiple languages. This is especially useful if the accommodation is difficult to find, or to point out parking and other tips to guests.
- If you have a directions sketch as PDF or JPG file, you can upload it additionally. We will then attach the corresponding file to the arrival information.
9) I added/changed missing arrival information after a booking was received. Is there anything I need to be aware of?
Please let us know by e-mail if you have filed the previously missing information or changed existing information so that we can send the arrival information to our mutual customer. Please also mention the relevant request number in the e-mail so that we can directly assign the information to the correct booking.
10) Why don't I see all the reviews of my guests in the owner area?
Depending on the partner website through which the guests submitted the rating, this rating may not be fed back into our systems, but may only be visible on the respective partner's website. Unfortunately, we have no influence on this.
11) Can I connect the atraveo owner area to my channel manager?
Unfortunately, a connection via atraveo by e-domizil to a channel manager is not possible. However, you are welcome to register as a partner with our parent company HomeToGo and use the various connection options to other providers.
Questions about the presentation of the holiday home
1) What do I have to consider in legal terms when taking photos of my holiday home?
- It is not allowed to display individuals on the property photos if you do not have the express consent of all persons shown that the photos may be used for advertising purposes and published on the Internet.
- In addition, we also ask you to avoid any recordings in which children can be seen, for reasons of minor privacy protection. In this context, we reserve the right to remove recordings in which children are visible without making any comment, even without consultation.
- You must be the owner of the image rights or be authorized to provide us with the images. If you have created the images yourself, then that is the case and you have nothing else to worry about. If you have had the images made by a photographer, the contract usually specifies that the rights of use are transferred to you. If in doubt, please ask your photographer about your usage rights.
2) What is the best way to create photos of my holiday home?
This is how you take appealing photos of your holiday home:
- Before you photograph them, the holiday home should be cleaned and beautifully prepared.
- Make sure you have good lighting conditions, shoot when the weather is nice and in daylight. If necessary, open windows or turn on the lights.
- Photograph in landscape format to guarantee optimal display on the Internet.
- Do not expose any persons.
- Create interior as well as exterior shots of your accommodation.
- Take plenty of photos: Optimally, offer at least 15 views of your accommodation.
- Create photos in a good resolution, which is easy to do with current smartphones. Approx. 4000 pixels wide are the images when you take pictures with your smartphone in landscape mode. Anything less than 1500 pixels is way too small or looks too pixelated.
- Choose an appealing main image for your presentation: In the case of holiday houses, for example, an outdoor shot in good weather. For holiday apartments, take a picture of the most beautiful room.
- Make sure that the images turn out as sharp as possible and do not exhibit any blurred areas.
3) What do I have to consider when describing my holiday home?
A good and meaningful text is very important to get bookings for your accommodation. You can find a detailed description of how to create the perfect text about your holiday home in our guide. For a brief overview, we give you the most important tips below:
Describe what type of holiday home it is, how many people it is designed for and exactly where it is located:
- Holiday house or holiday apartment?
- Single, townhouse, part of a complex?
- In which place is the accommodation located and in which surroundings? For example, is it located downtown or rather away from the city center? Is it located in a quiet or central area? Is it located in a holiday resort? Is it near a forest, hiking trails, beach or in a ski resort?
- Do the owner, other guests or other neighbors live on the same property?
What is the exact size and layout of the holiday home?
- How many square meters is the living space?
- Are there several floors?
- Which rooms are on which floor?
- Is there heating and/or air conditioning in all rooms throughout?
Describe at least the following rooms in more detail:
- All bedrooms with an indication of the type and width of the beds, as well as the number of people who can sleep there. Will you be providing a crib?
- Living room with possible additional sleeping accommodation (e.g. sofa bed, folding bed, etc.) and further equipment such as type of TV connection, seating, etc.
- Kitchen with exact equipment (for example, stove, oven / mini oven, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.).
- Bathroom with exact equipment, such as shower and/ or bathtub, whirlpool, sauna, etc. Is there an additional guest toilet?
What does the outdoor area look like and how big is it?
- Is there a garden/terrace with garden furniture, parasol and/ or a barbecue? What kind of grill is it?
- If there is a pool, how long, wide and deep is it? Is it exclusively available to guests?
- Is the outdoor area available for exclusive use or must it be shared with other guests?
- Is the outdoor area opaque and/or fenced? If you allow pets: info about a boundary on the property or outside area is important for dog owners.
- If there is no garden: Is there a balcony? If so, how large is this? Is it covered and is there outdoor furniture?
How are the parking facilities?
- How far are parking facilities from the accommodation and for how many cars is there space?
- Are the parking facilities free of charge or are they on the property of the accommodation?
- Is there a garage and/or additional lockable space for bicycles/e-bikes or a stroller?
What special features should be noted?
- Is the holiday home barrier-free/wheelchair accessible? Is there an elevator?
- Are there any special features, for example free internet via WLAN, bicycles that can be borrowed free of charge or for a fee, children's toys, baby crib and baby chair?
- Are there any potential hazards, such as a steep approach road, a location directly on a hillside/lake/on a main road, etc.?
- Are there other guest amenities that can be used to promote your lodging, such as free final cleaning, a stocked refrigerator upon arrival, or discounts on on-site recreational facilities?
What are the distances to daily needs facilities, recreational facilities and attractions?
At least the distance to the nearest supermarket and restaurant should be mentioned and described in more detail. Tips on other places to go out, excursion destinations and leisure facilities (e.g. swimming pool) are also helpful and informative for guests.
4) Why have I not received a booking?
The fact that a holiday home is not booked can have a variety of causes. Basically, it is worthwhile to first make a comparison with other holiday homes in the area to check how potential guests perceive your holiday home in a direct comparison.
In addition, check the following important factors:
- Are prices, arrival days and minimum rental periods stored throughout so that your holiday home is actually bookable?
- Are arrival days and minimum rental periods flexible enough? We advise to refrain from minimum rental periods of more than 7 days and to allow as many weekdays as possible as arrival days.
- Are your prices reasonable and comparable to similar offerings in the region?
- Are your prices transparent and without too high (person-related) additional costs, which might scare off potential guests?
- Is the presentation of your holiday home up-to-date and comprehensive? This concerns in particular the information about the equipment, the description text and especially the quality of the photos.
- Are the equipment and furnishings of your holiday home appealing and modern enough?
- Which target group is your holiday home primarily aimed at? Do the facilities, pricing, arrival days, minimum rental period and interior style suit this target group? Tip: Almost half of all bookings through our network are families with children who want to spend a relaxing vacation of 7 - 14 days. Also, keep in mind that just over 20% of our guests travel with a dog.
For more information on how to find out and better target your audience, check out our guide.
- What is the general demand for vacation in your region? Is your holiday home located in a typical vacation region or rather a bit out of the way? Are there enough vacationing visitors? How are they distributed over the course of the year and what is the supply of holiday home? Is there a possibility that supply is simply outstripping demand at this time, and therefore adjustments to pricing, amenities, or description may be needed to make it more attractive?
- If your holiday home has been booked more frequently in the past, it may also be helpful to compare more carefully which changes have taken place since the last successful time.
5) How can I increase the occupancy rate of my holiday home?
A simple way to attract more potential guests and increase the occupancy of your accommodation, especially in the low season, are: flexible arrival days and minimum rental periods as well as reasonable pricing.
Therefore, allow any day of the week as the day of arrival and avoid having an excessively long minimum rental period.
- This means that your holiday home can be displayed much more frequently in the search hit lists, as it can also be displayed when potential guests with more individual arrival data are looking for accommodation.
- Short trips are especially popular in the spring, so shorter minimum rental periods are an advantage.
- Even possible calendar gaps of a few days can usually be closed well in this way.
How to set the arrival days and minimum rental period in the owner area:
- In the price menu, go to the button "further settings (e.g. arrival days)".
- You can make the settings for each period for which a certain price is defined.
- This allows them to set individual arrival durations and minimum rental periods for individual seasonal periods. For example, you can set a week-by-week rental with only one day of arrival in the high season and a more flexible setting in the low season.
Questions about bookings
1) Do I have to confirm the booking to the guest?
No, we will do that for you. We take care of all tasks and communication with the guest until their arrival at your accommodation. You confirm the booking only to us: When you make a new booking, you will receive an e-mail from us, allowing you to quickly confirm the booking to us.
2) How do I confirm a booking?
For each booking you will receive an e-mail from us with a confirmation link via the button "Reply to booking". One click is enough and you have confirmed the booking to us.
New bookings should be confirmed as soon as possible in the interest of you, us and the guest. However, according to our GTC, the booking must be confirmed at least within 24 hours.
3) What is the booking procedure?
- When a new booking is received through our network, you will receive an e-mail and optionally an SMS from us informing you of the booking.
- The e-mail sender address is [email protected] and the subject contains the customer name, booking date and booking number. The SMS usually reaches you before the e-mail. If you do not use this service yet: Activate the free SMS dispatch in your owner area in the menu "My profile".
- In the e-mail we ask you to confirm the booking by clicking the button "Reply to booking". When clicking, you will be redirected to a web page where you will be able to quickly confirm receipt of the booking.
- Afterwards we will send you a final booking confirmation in another e-mail, in which the booking data are listed once again. The subject of this e-mail is "Booking Confirmation" and contains the customer name, booking date and booking number.
- Once we have your confirmation, we also confirm the booking to the guest.
- We will arrange processing of the payment.
- Once we receive the customer payment, we will send the arrival information to the guest as well as the guest's contact information to you.
4) What is an option booking?
We always make an option booking when we want to wait for receipt of the customer payment - for example, because the travel period is relatively close or details still need to be clarified.
Until receipt of payment or the payment deadline set by us, the corresponding travel period in the calendar of your holiday home remains occupied as a precaution. As soon as we receive the payment from the guests, we will send you a booking e-mail for confirmation.
If the customer payment is not received in time, we will remove the option booking and release the travel period in the calendar again. We will surely send you an e-mail for information on this as well.
5) I received a booking but did not receive an e-mail about the booking. What should I do?
Calendar maintenance with iCal
1) What is iCal?
iCal is a format used to synchronize occupancy data in different digital calendars. It is completely free to use and no computer science knowledge is required. For owners of holiday homes, iCal is ideal for automatically matching occupancies of holiday home across different portals. This eliminates double bookings and time-consuming manual calendar maintenance.
Here you can find detailed instructions on how to use iCal.
2) How do I use iCal for my calendar?
With iCal you can export occupancy data of your accommodation to other portals, just as you can import occupancy data from other portals into your atraveo calendar, i.e. synchronize it with other calendars. The exchange works in both cases via an iCal link that is created for each object.
3) How do I export my atraveo calendar to other portals?
To export your atraveo calendar to other calendars, copy the iCal link you find in the "Calendars" menu and copy it into the corresponding field at any other portal you use.
4) How do I synchronize my calendars on other portals with the atraveo calendar?
Copy and transfer the iCal link to your holiday home on any other portal you use. You can enter it in the atraveo owner area. To do this, call up the holiday home and go to the "Calendar" menu. The "Add iCal interface" button opens a field where you can copy the link.