The description of your holiday apartment or holiday house is one of the most important elements to successfully generate bookings. After all, guests want to know as much as possible about the accommodation in which they are spending their holiday.
The ideal structure of a holiday home description:
Holiday home title: approx. 45 characters
Description text: at least 300 words
- Description of the holiday home as detailed as possible (all rooms & outdoor areas)
- Description of the surroundings: location, shopping facilities, leisure activities
Step by step to the perfect text
We show you step by step how to create an informative and appealing text about your holiday home:
1. Title: Give your holiday home a name
An attractive name immediately arouses interest and is memorable: Choose a brief and concise title for your holiday home. Approximately 45 characters are ideal. Titles that are too long are often abbreviated in the online presentation and lose their effect. Do you have an individual name for your holiday home, such as "Holiday Home Anna"? Perfect. You can supplement this short name with further brief information about the place, location, number of people or a special feature that the holiday home has. Be sure to refrain from using special characters in your title.
This is what a title could look like
- Holiday home "Anna" in Riva del Garda
- Holiday home "Anna" with sauna, pool & garden
- Holiday home in Riva del Garda with sauna and pool
- Holiday home in Riva del Garda for 5 persons
- "Anna" - Holiday home with pool, Riva del Garda
- Holiday home directly at Lake Garda
… and what it should not look like
- Holiday flat C (too short)
- Modern yet cosily furnished flat with sunny loggia and shared sauna only 500 m from Lake Garda (too long)
- Your own **pool**your infrared sauna++ only 500 m to the lake++ (special characters in title)
2. Describe your holiday home
In the description text, you should summarise the most important facts about your holiday home. You may mention special features of your accommodation right at the beginning to arouse the interest of your potential guests.
- Type of accommodation (holiday apartment, holiday house, farmhouse, beach house etc.), special features
- Size of the holiday home (sqm)
- Potential number of guests
- If applicable, floor of the holiday apartment
- Information whether the owner or other guests live on the same property / in the house
- For holiday complexes: number of apartments
This is how you could fill in the first two boxes of the description text: In the box "Title" you enter the name of the holiday home. In "Location" you describe its most important features.
Describe all the rooms in the holiday home: Which rooms are available and what are the sleeping possibilities per room? Pay particular attention to the following aspects:
All bedrooms with details of the type and width of the beds and the number of people who can sleep there.
- Bed size
- Number of guests
- Cot available?
- Bed linen available?
- Additional sleeping accommodation (e.g. sofa bed, folding bed, etc.)?
- Equipment such as type of TV connection, seating etc.?
Kitchen: type and equipment
- Separate room or kitchenette?
- Cooking utensils, crockery
- Coffee machine, etc.
- Number and equipment (hairdryer, toilet paper, soap, towels?)
- Shower and/or bathtub
- Guest toilet
Are pets allowed?
- Dogs: number and, if applicable, maximum size of the animals
- If applicable, restriction such as "animals in cage welcome".
- In which rooms available?
- WiFi available?
- Free of charge?
- If applicable, speed / reliability / availability in all rooms?
- Indoor pool
- Table tennis
- Special rooms, like ski room, winter garden or similar
- Extras, if applicable, such as Netflix use
- Smoking allowed?
- Suitable for allergy sufferers?
- Barrier-free or wheelchair-accessible furnishings
- Towels available?
- High chair for children available?
- Do guests have to bring anything with them?
In the "Features" box, describe all the rooms in your holiday home with details of sleeping accommodation, kitchen equipment and other information which is relevant for the guests.
3. Describe the outdoor area
In order to give the guest a good overview of the area which is available outside, also describe the outdoor area as precisely and invitingly as possible.
Balcony / Terrace
- Garden furniture
- Garden furniture
- For children: swing, sandpit, playground etc.
- Opening hours / availability
- Private or shared with other guests
- Heated or unheated
- Dimensions (incl. depth)
- Access with ladder or stairs
Other special features
- Whirlpool (private or shared?)
- Sauna (private or communal use?)
- Mooring for boat directly at the property or nearby
- Type (fence, wall, hedge etc.)
- Complete or partial fencing of the property (important for dog owners)
In the "Outdoor area" box, describe features such as garden, terrace, pool and any other amenities available to the guest outside.
- Garage or parking space
- Directly at the holiday home or further away?
- Exclusive for guests or public?
Other special features
- Bicycle rental (by the owner or nearby)
- Storage facilities for bicycles / e-bikes
- If applicable, other services on site, e.g. bread delivery service, discounts for leisure facilities, etc.
- Name possible sources of danger: Steep access road, location on a slope, etc.
- Lift available, wheelchair accessible
- Own boat, bicycles available, free internet
- Travel cot for children available etc.
In the "Distinctive features" box, enter information on parking facilities, special service offers or other important information.
4. Describe the location and surroundings
Give a detailed overview of the outdoor area of the holiday home available to guests, as well as an impression of the surrounding area, location and accessibility to facilities for daily needs.
- What is the location of the holiday home (special landscape, quiet or central location)?
- Is the holiday home detached or are there close neighbours?
Shops & gastronomy
- Grocery shop
- Cafés, restaurants
- Bicycle rental
Leisure activities & excursions
- What kind of activities are possible in the vicinity? For example:
- Places of interest
- Hikes, special hiking trails
- Leisure facilities (e.g. swimming pool, amusement park)
- Trips to nearby towns / villages
- Excursion destinations for families?
In the "Surrounding area" field, describe the location of the holiday home, distances to the nearest shopping facilities and cafés and restaurants, and give ideas for leisure activities.
- Try to be approachable and likeable in your text.
- In our owner area you will find a text field for information about the property in addition to the general description. Here you can enter further details, e.g. year of construction of the house, size of the garden or year of the last renovation.
- In the owner area, enter all the amenities that match your holiday home (tick the appropriate boxes). This will make it even easier for guests to find your holiday home.
- Add beautiful and meaningful pictures to the presentation of your holiday home. You can read here how to photograph them correctly.